Power quality measurements are made and presented according to European standard EN 50160.
The PQM-711 analyzer may be used on networks from 110 V to 760 V RMS, or DC. For measurements at higher voltages, PT and CT multipliers are available in the software when measuring via voltage and current transformers in switchgear and sub-stations. It can also be powered from the line being measured, up to 760 V RMS, eliminating the need for an extra power source for the analyzer. A wide selection of clamp-on and flexible current probes are available from Sonel, with ranges from 10 amps to 3000 amps.
Available on backorder
- split-phase with Neutral
- three-phase Wye, with and without Neutral
Power Quality to Class A:
The PQM-711 meets the IEC 61000 Class A standard for power quality. It includes built-in GPS for synchronizing to a reference signal for highly accurate internal clock time-keeping.
The PQM-711 measures all aspects of power:
RMS Volts, Amps, Unbalance, Crest factor
Watts, VA, VAR, pF, dPf, kWh, VARh, Hz, THD and harmonics to 50th order, interharmonics, K-factor, mains signalling, and flicker
The PQM-711 measures impulsive transients to 6000V with a maximum sampling rate of 10 Megasamples/s (10MHz) to capture transients as fast as 650 ns duration.
Compact and rugged for indoor or outdoor work:
The PQM-711 is ruggedly constructed for installing in outdoor applications with an IP 65 enclosure rating against water ingress, and an impressive working temperature range from -20 deg C to 55 deg C / -4 deg F to 131 deg F. The size is a compact 7.9” x 7” x 3”. It weighs just 3.5 lbs.
Safety. CAT-IV 600V rated plus built-in Wi-Fi for remote control:
The PQM-711 can be used either as a hand-held type analyzer with its built-in 3.5” display, or as a “Black-box” type with remote control via a PC or tablet.
For the ultimate in safe operation when measuring high voltages, and to get relief from wearing arc-flash suits (after connecting the test leads), the PQM-717 may be controlled remotely via Wi-Fi up to 20 feet away from a PC or tablet. Real-time oscilloscope waveforms, phasors, and power meters can be viewed in live mode. Monitoring parameters can be changed, and the start of recording, or the stop, can be controlled remotely. Recorded data can also be downloaded at any time during a recording session and analyzed on a PC or tablet with Sonel Analysis software.
- Measurements according to EN 50160
- Voltage L1, L2, L3, N-Ground (4 channels)
– average, minimum, maximum and instantaneous values, range to 760V, programmable PT ratios for voltage transformers,
- Current L1, L2, L3, N (4 channels)
– average, minimum, maximum and instantaneous values, measurement current with range to 3 kA (depends on used clamp), programmable CT ratios for current transformers,
- Crest factor for voltage and current,
- Frequency from 40Hz to 70Hz ,
- Active, reactive, distortion, apparent power, including the type of reactive power (capacitive, inductive),
- Power recording:
– Budeanu method,
– IEEE 1459,
- Active, reactive, apparent energy,
- Power factor, displacement power factor, tgφ,
- K factor
- Harmonics to 50th order for voltage and current,
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) for voltage and current,
- Short-term (PST) and long-term (PLT) flicker,
- Unbalance of voltage and current,
- Current events detection including waveforms recording,
- Current and voltage waveforms recording after each averaging period.
- Mains signalling up to 3000 Hz.
- Transients up to ±6000 Vpk, 10 Megasamples/s, minium duration 650 ns.
- All parameters meet Class A acc. IEC 61000-4-30 standard.
The PQM-717 is designed to measure power parameters on networks:
- with nominal frequency 50/60Hz,
- with nominal voltage: 64/110 V; 110/190 V; 115/200 V; 127/220 V; 220/380 V; 230/400 V; 240/415 V; 254/440 V; 290/500 V; 400/690 V,
- spit-phase with common Neutral
- three-phase wye with and without Neutral
- three-phase delta
|–||0.0 to 760.0 V||0.01 % Un||±0.1% Un|
|Voltage||1.00 to 10.00
voltage 690 V)
|Current||1.00 to 10.00
|0.01||± 5% m.v.|
|0.01 % of nominal range||±0.1% of nominal
|Frequency||–||40.00 to 70.00 Hz||0.01Hz||±0.01 Hz|
|up to 4
|Active, reactive apparent energy||–||depends
|up to 4
and True Power
|–||0.00 to 1.00||0.01||±0.03|
|tgφ||–||0.00 to 10.00||0.01||depends on Active
|Harmonics||Voltage||same as for AC
|same as for
AC voltage TRMS
for Vh ≥ 1% Vh
for Vh < 1% Vn
|Current||same as for AC
|same as for
AC current TRMS
|± 5% Ih
for Ih ≥ 3% In
± 0.15% In
for Ih < 3% In
|Voltage||0.0 to 100.0%||0.1%||±5%|
|–||depends on configuration
|–||-180.0 to +180.0o||0.1o||±(h x 1o)|
|K-Factor||–||1.0 to 50.0||0.1||±10%|
|Flicker||–||0.20 to 10.00||0.01||±5%|
|Unbalance||Voltage and Current||0.0 to 20.0%||0.1%||±0.15%
|Mains signalling||Voltage||5 to 3000 Hz||0.01 Hz||±0.15% Uh for 1 to 3% Uh, 5% Un for 3 to 15% Uh|
(max. 10 MHz)
|±6000 V||5 V||±(5% + 25 V)|
*Probe F-1/F-2/F-3:0 to 3,000 A (10,000 Ap-p) *Clamp C-4: 0 to 1,000 A (3,600 Ap-p)*Clamp C-5: 0 to 1,000 A (3,600 Ap-p)*Clamp C-6: 0 to 10 A (36 Ap-p) (without current transformers) *Clamp C-7: 0 to 100 A (360 Ap-p )
|Dimensions||15 × 11 × 8.5 in|